How Can I Help You, When You Have No Idea What You Want?
This is a regular topic that is mentioned to me. I know I need help, but I don’t know what I need! I approached someone only last week, to be told I’m so busy, I need your help, but how can you help me? Does this sound like someone that has contacted you? Oh yes!
I need to address this pretty darn quick otherwise I will have lost my lead that I have worked so hard to find and engage with. Of course, I don’t yet know their business, or do I? If they are in my niche and my target-market – and perhaps they should be – if I’m doing my marketing correctly, then I should know something about their industry, well maybe a little, then I will have a vague idea about something that they will need. So, we have a beginning to work from.
Where does my Client begin?
To work out what you need to start doing, there are three ways of doing this. What you need to do is look at which option you prefer – but essentially, they all work out the same to bring you to the same result. Then you will have ‘your beginning’.
So, let’s start: Firstly, you would need to undertake the following:
• Write down everything you would do for approximately 3 days
• Highlight in yellow only everything that you would do and only you can do
• Highlight in green only things that you would do and can keep doing but ‘could’ hand over to a VA later
• Then write down everything else that can be delegated and outsourced to your VA
• Take the time to put down everything that you would undertake that takes you more than half an hour.
• With your highlighter, mark-up things that you do not like doing or do not need to do yourself.
• When you are ready – you can then put down the things you do not ‘want’ to do or do not really have the time to get round to.
Let me know the following:
• Advise me what tasks are on your ‘long-term’ To-Do list. This is your shuffle list, your ‘I don’t get around To Do’ing’ list as other work gets in the way list (ha ha)
• What would you do immediately if you had more time?
• How many emails do you have in your inbox?
• Do you follow-up with your clients?
• Have you any testimonials or references from your clients
• How often do you connect with your clients/potential clients on social media or reinforce those relationships?
• How do you market your clients, and do you have enough of them?
• Do you manage your time effectively and do you apply your time to your clients appropriately giving them the best service and after-care they need?
• Can you delegate/outsource any of your tasks to your VA to allow you to undertake any of these tasks or to undertake any of these tasks?
Why do I need my Virtual Assistant?
As a potential client of a Virtual Assistant (VA), you need to return to your core business ethics. What it is you went into business for.
What is your passion?
What is it that you really love about your business.
What do you love doing?
As this is what you need to convey to your VA. You need your VA to share that passion and ethic and take it on board for you and treat your company as if it were their own.
You are working with a Virtual Assistant because you want to save time, reduce costs and possibly save your sanity, I think?!
It’s well-known that Virtual Assistants are time-served time-management ‘geeky’ organised people that just love to do all things ‘Virtual’ and are happy to help and get stuck in and organise, so what better to do this at a more cost-effective rate, freeing up your time allowing you to just get on with the matters at hand!
What are you waiting for? Block some time out in your calendar to undertake one of the options above, and contact me via email or Linkedin so that we can arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss what it is that YOU need help with. After all, you now know, don’t you?